N1 RECORDS 2018 ARTIST APPLICATION
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THE INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING
1. INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
The Northern Sound System’s artist development program N1Records provides support to original songwriters who are creating music for release.
N1Records, now in its seventh year, has entered a new era having secured a distribution portal with digital industry leaders AWAL/Kobalt.
In 2018, four emerging artists will develop their brand, produce music, shoot photos and videos with the N1Records Creative team in order to release music to Spotify, Apple Music etc through N1Records.
N1Records activity strives to:
- define artist aesthetic
- develop creative production techniques and networks
- execute a solid social marketing plan
- achieve Triple J and Community station radio plays
- attract artist team members: management, booking agent, publicist etc
- Artists must be unsigned and emerging with few or no releases
- Artists must provide 3 original songs as a soundcloud playlist link
- Demos must portray your sound
- Must be audible, can be low quality
- Images of successful applicants will be used for N1/NSS promotional activity
Artists/Bands will be selected because they have:
- interesting artistic aesthetic
- skills necessary to create and perform original music
- strong communication skills
3. APPLICATION PROCESS
Fill in the application form by 23 April 2018
All fields are required. Fields are:
- Artist Information
- Artist Bio
- General information
- Soundcloud Playlist
- Socials Links
- Inspiration Links
You must prepare a 3 track Soundcloud playlist for your application. Call it ‘N1Records Application’ This playlist is a vital element of your application.
Please include Youtube/facebook (artist page preferred but not mandatory)/Instagram/Twitter and whatever else is valid.
Links to 3 inspirational videos that will help us understand where you’re headed sonically and visually.
4. IMPORTANT DATES 2018
- Applications Open: March 5th
- Applications Close: April 23rd
- Activity Begins: April 30th
- Activity Concludes: Dec 14th