N1 RECORDS 2019 ARTIST APPLICATION
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THE INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING
1. INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
The Northern Sound System’s artist development program N1Records provides support to original songwriters who are creating music for release.
In 2019, four emerging artists will write and produce music, develop their brand with the N1Records Creative Team in order to release music to Spotify, Apple Music etc.
N1Records activity strives to:
- define artist aesthetic
- develop creative production techniques and networks
- complete a production and release cycle
- identify early career goals
- attract attention from potential partners
Selected artists will receive up to $2,500 project funding to be spent on studio hire, venue hire, publicity, creative personnel (engineer/producer, photographer, designer etc) or professional development experiences like conference tickets. The money cannot be used to purchase equipment or pay for merchandise.
- Artists must be unsigned and emerging with few or no releases
- Artists must provide 3 original songs as a soundcloud playlist link
- Demos must portray your sound
- Must be audible, can be low quality
- Images of successful applicants will be used for N1/NSS promotional activity
Artists/Bands will be selected because they have:
- interesting artistic aesthetic
- skills necessary to create and perform original music
- strong communication skills
3. APPLICATION PROCESS
Fill in the application form below by 19 April 2019
All fields are required. Fields are:
- Artist Information
- Artist Bio
- General information
- Soundcloud Playlist
- Socials Links
- Inspiration Video Links
You must prepare a 3 track Soundcloud playlist for your application. Call it ‘N1Records Application’ This playlist is a vital element of your application.
Please include Instagram/Youtube/Facebook (artist page preferred but not mandatory)/Instagram/Twitter and one other valid link.
Links to 3 inspirational videos that will help us understand where you’re headed sonically and visually.
4. IMPORTANT DATES 2019
- Applications Open: 4 March 2019
- Applications Close: 19 April 2019
- Activity Begins: May 2019
- Activity Concludes: May 2020
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Nick O’Connor: 8255 5560 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Smith: 8255 5560 | email@example.com