N1 RECORDS 2020 ARTIST APPLICATION
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THE INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING
- INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
The Northern Sound System’s artist development program N1Records provides support to original songwriters who are creating music for release.
In 2020 four emerging artists will spend time at NSS writing and producing music, developing their brand and business with The Northern Sound System’s Creative Agency SeeOh and release music digitally through Spotify, Apple Music etc…
N1Records activity strives to:
- define artist aesthetic
- develop creative techniques
- grow local networks
- complete a production and release cycle
- identify early career goals
- attract attention from potential partners: manager, booking agent etc…
Selected artists will receive up to $2,000 project funding to be spent on studio hire, creative personnel (engineer/producer, photographer, designer etc) publicity, or professional development experiences. The money cannot be used to purchase equipment.
- Must be able to commit 4 contact hours a week for 8 consecutive weeks in May/June
- Artists must be unsigned and emerging with few or no releases
- Artists must provide 3 original songs as a soundcloud playlist link
- demos must portray your sound
- must be audible, can be low quality
- Images of successful applicants will be used for N1/NSS promotional activity
Artists/Bands will be selected because they have:
- interesting artistic aesthetic
- skills necessary to create and perform original music
- strong communication skills
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Fill in the application form below by midnight Sun 15th March.
All fields are required. Fields are:
- Artist Contact Information
- Artist Bio
- General information: Recording/Performance History
- Soundcloud Playlist
- Socials Links
- Inspiration Video Links
You must prepare a 3 track Soundcloud playlist for your application. Call it ‘N1Records Application’ This playlist is a vital element of your application.
Please include Instagram/Youtube/Facebook (artist page preferred but not mandatory)/Instagram/Twitter and one other valid link.
Links to 3 inspirational videos that inspire you or your music. This can be anything: art, politics, science, world issues, ASMR whatever. These will give us a better picture of you.
- IMPORTANT DATES 2020
- Applications Open: 10th February 2020
- Applications Close: 15th March 2020
- Activity Begins: April 2020
- Activity Concludes: December 2020
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Nick O’Connor: 8255 5560 | firstname.lastname@example.org